1. The Holy Spirit sanctifies your prayers (changes them), so that God answers them for your good, Romans 8:26.
2. God loves to answer the prayers of his people, Proverbs 15:8; Psalm 17:6; 65:2.
3. Apart from Christ and prayer, you can do nothing, John 15:5, 7.
4. God acts when you pray, Daniel 9:20-23; 10:12.
5. Prayer keeps you from temptation and sin, Matthew 6:13; 26:41.
6. Jesus prayed, Hebrews 5:7; Luke 6:12.
7. God gives you peace when you pray, Philippians 4:4-6.
8. God healed Miriam’s physical sickness when Moses prayed, Numbers 12:13.
9. God sent rain when Elijah prayed, James 5:15.
10. God gives you daily sustenance when you pray, Matthew 6:11; James 5:18.
11. Spiritual growth happens in others when you pray, Philippians 1:9-11; Colossians 4:12.
12. Prayer is how we thank God, Philippians 1:3-5.
13. God gave Ezra safety on his journey when he prayed, Ezra 8:21-23.
14. Prayer is necessary to know spiritual truth in the Bible, Psalm 119:18; Ephesians 1:15-19.
15. It takes supernatural ability, that only comes through prayer, to know the love of God, Ephesians 3:14-21.
16. Prayer keeps Christians in His name, John 17:11.
17. To have gospel words that are effective, you must pray, Ephesians 6:17-20.
18. To have opportunities for sharing the gospel, you must pray, Colossians 4:2-4.
19. Christ told us to pray for more believers to be fishers of men, Matthew 9:37-38.
20. Prayer is necessary to repent, Daniel 9; 2 Chronicles 6:37.
21. In prayer you praise God, Psalm 66.
22. Pray is needed to sustain your resolves to live for Christ, 2 Thessalonians 1:11.
23. Prayer humbles you, 1 Peter 5:6-7; Philippians 4:6.
24. Prayer was the early church’s pattern in sending missionaries, Acts 13:3.
25. Prayer enables sweet fellowship with your Christian friends, Romans 1:10.
26. Paul prayed for the unsaved to be saved, Romans 10:1.
27. You can complain to God in prayer, Psalm 64:1.
28. When you pray, you are being obedient, Romans 12:12.
29. To live in Christian harmony at your church, you must pray, Romans 15:5.
30. Paul prayed for believers to abound in joy, peace and hope, Romans 15:13.
31. Pray deliverers you from harmful people, non-believers, Romans 15:31.
32. For your acts of service to be effective you must pray, Romans 15:31.
33. Prayer is the means by which your fellowship with other Christians will be refreshing, Romans 15:32.
34. Paul prayed that the God of peace would be with believers, Romans 15:33.
35. To live a peaceful life, you should pray, 1 Timothy 2:1.
36. Prayer is warfare, 1 Timothy 1:18; 2:1.
37. Paul prayed that the Word would lead Timothy to live a holy life, 1 Timothy 4:5.
38. Pray and fast, so that your fasting will not be wasted, Nehemiah 1:4.
39. You express sorrow in prayer, Nehemiah 1:4.
40. Prayer is asking that God would be attentive to your prayers, Nehemiah 1:6.
41. Prayer moves God to remember his promises, Nehemiah 1:9; Isaiah 62:6-7; Moses’ whole life.
42. When you pray, you know you are doing God’s work, Isaiah 62:6-7.
43. In prayer, you can tell God your problems, Psalms 3:1-2.
44. Prayer gives relief from our enemies, Psalm 5:10.
45. Prayer is the method which you use to ask God questions, Psalm 10:1.
46. To bring the judgment of the end times, you must pray, Revelation 5:8; 8:4.
47. Because the end is near, you are called to pray, 1 Peter 4:7.
48. To be released from prison, and for others to be released from prison you must pray, Philippians 1:19.
49. The highest privilege is knowing God. When you pray you can pray to know God, Ephesians 1:17.
50. God listens when we pray, 1 Peter 3:12.
51. God gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask for him, Luke 11:13.
52. The early church prayed, Acts 2:42
53. Believers, in the Bible, prayed to have children, Luke 1:12; 1 Samuel 1:17; Genesis 25:21.
54. Failure to pray for others is a sin, 1 Samuel 12:23.
55. Prayer opens your eyes to that you can see the hand of God at work, 2 Kings 6:18.
56. In the New Testament, the believers prayed that the gospel would be accompanied by signs and wonders, and the casting out of demons, Acts 4:29-30; Mark 9:29.
57. When we pray, God delivers miraculously, Acts 12:5, 12.
58. Pray is needed to have qualified leadership in the church, Acts 14:23.
59. The church is unified when the church prays for unity, John 17:20-21.
60. Greater discernment and knowing God’s will is the result of prayer, Philippians 1:9-10.
61. Greater faith is gained through prayer, Mark 9:24.
62. God protects us from the evil one when we ask him to do so, Matthew 6:13.
63. No other religion has a God who hears them when they pray, Deuteronomy 4:7.
64. Prayer is an awesome privilege, Deuteronomy 4:7; Ecclesiastes 5:1-3.
65. Prayer is designed so that instead of not having, you have, James 4:2.
66. Nothing of significance will happen unless you pray. Prayer gives God the glory and that alone is significant, John 15.
67. When we pray, God gives grace, Hebrews 4:16.
68. The church was gathered to pray when Peter was led out of prison by the angel, Acts 12:12.
69. The book of Psalms is a series of prayers to teach us how to pray, Psalm 1-150.
70. When Hezekiah got a nasty letter from Sennacherib the king of Assyria, he prayed and the Lord answered and killed 185,000 Assyrians, 2 Kings 19.
71. The only effective soul-work is done in prayer, Psalm 139:23-24, Psalm 1-150.
72. Prayer is the necessary response to reading the Bible, Psalm 119.
Here’s are some good links to help you pray.