28 Reasons for church
24 reasons for church fellowship
- Fellowship with other believers is one of the goals of evangelism, 1 John 1:1-5.
- Without fellowship our love for God can grow cold, and we can fall into sin, Hebrews 3:12-13
- We are commanded to gather together, Hebrews 10:23.
- The Bible was written to be read corporately, that cannot happen unless we gather, Colossians 4:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:27.
- The early church ate meals together, Acts 2:42.
- Loving one another requires that we know each other and are together, John 13:34-35.
- Jesus spent time with his disciples, Mark 3:14.
- We cannot pray together if we are not together, Acts 1:12.
- God deals with groups of people, Israel, the Church, the Bible.
- The apostles wrote many of their letters to groups of Christians in the church, 1 Corinthians 1:2.
- We cannot practice all the one-another’s without the church, John 13:34-35.
- Paul established fellowships of churches, it was his goal, Acts.
- Christ said he would build the church, which is a fellowship of Christians, Matthew 16.
- Jesus chose twelve disciples so that they could be together, Mark 3:14.
- When we get to know other believers we all called to forebear with them, which is a Christ-like attitude. It necessitates being together so we can irritate each other, Ephesians 4.
- The church is the mean by which the wisdom of God is made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places, Ephesians 3:10.
- The fellowship in the church is called on to care for widows and orphans, 1 Timothy 5.
- The older women, of the church, are called to teach the younger women, or the church, how to love their husbands and keep a neat home, Titus 2.
- The older men, of the church, are called to train the younger men, in the church, Titus 2.
- In the fellowship of the church we listen to preaching and teaching which keeps us from error and motivates us to godliness, 2 Timothy 4:1-8.
- The fellowship of the church brings together different cultures, races, ethnicities, Ephesians 2.
- When the church eats together those with more can bring more and those with less can just come, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34.
- The fellowship of the church places us under the authority of the elders and other Christians who keep watch over our souls, Hebrews 13:17.
- We are encouraged when we hear each other sing, give thanks, Ephesians 5:18-21.
- Without fellowship (read membership) in the local church we cannot protect others in Christian love by helping them with their sin, Matthew 18.
- Without a commitment to (read membership) in a local church you cannot come under the care of qualified elders, Hebrews 13:17; 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Without Christian fellowship you have no one of like-mind to rejoice with, to weep with, to pray with.
- Fellowship with God necessitates fellowship with other believers, 1 John 1:1-5.